Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Of Sunglasses and Shoes and XXX home Movies

             Yes, I have a business. It has a page on facebook. The page is set up to be open, though people must ask to be members of the page, and then be approved. By me. All posts must be approved before they go up. By me. I have found that it is easier to do this than to delete posts after the fact. I found this out after someone posted 38 different photos of earrings she had made. That took up A LOT of space, and annoyed the crap out of me. It took a couple of subscribers saying to me- um....where is mainly crochet's stuff? for me to get over feeling bad about not letting people share their own stuff. And then, after a few days of intense page cleanup, I had a HELLOOOOOOO moment. The page is mine. I administer it. Get your own @#$%^&* page!
             Yesterday, I had to delete spammers with sunglass ads, and shoes, and there was a first- a video- NO, I DIDN'T WATCH IT!- with a very short shorted rump in the air on a bed with the tag line of  " My boyfriend cheated on me and this is how I paid him back!"
            Allright then! DELETE!
            Being self-employed is both satisfying and insane. "I can make my own hours" really means "Until I pass out from exhaustion, I can work all the time" . Except with MS, I have to be a little more careful than that. I like to think I am boss, but some days the MS is. Still, it's nice to know that napping when I need to is my decision and that my naptime won't be usurped by a mandatory editor's lunch that I have to pay for and then watch in horror as my ideas are stolen. So, Life moves on and it has gotten better. I like my boss, and have great respect for her. Better?  Yes!
             My goal for 2014 is 15,000 subscribers. I've got a ways to go. Why did I pick that number? Well, when I became editor at CW, that's the number that subscribers went up after 3 months of my being there (and, actually, more than that have left since I've been gone). It seems like a reasonable number, especially since what we're doing here is SO MUCH BETTER than what anyone else is doing. Just sayin......
                    www.mainlycrochet.com  is my late life baby. Aiming to be the perfect child.
                                                                Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing to me that people take all the time required to make the items and then rather than set up their own business pages they seek out other pages and take the huge risk that they will really get people POed about using those pages for their advertising. Oh the thoughts that run through those entitled heads. You work hard to develop something good and they figure they're entitled to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking for a link to your magazine....help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. grrrrr- it isn't linking. If you google mainly crochet, you can access it there. Never had the link not work before on blogger.....

    ReplyDelete